I got my ham radio license at 15, just about 15 years ago. My focus up until now has largely been on designing and building my own equipment and mentoring new hams, primarily middle school, high school, and college students. I've recently been bitten by the contesting bug, and I've started construction of an SO2R station from scratch. I'm also an avid hiker and have recently started participating in Summits On The Air.
My background and interests are widely varied and range from Electrical/RF engineering to wine making to emergency medicine to hiking.
Top network posts
- 14 Why are some 1:1 current baluns twice as complicated as others?
- 10 Should I learn morse at "both" speeds?
- 7 Where year 2016 falls in the sun spot cycle for HF propagation?
- 7 Why are Wullenweber CDAAs obsolete?
- 6 Are some ferrites porous enough they should be protected outside?
- 5 Bonding of Coax shield to RF ground conductor for long ground runs?
- 5 Receive directionality of a sub-optimal Yagi
- View more network posts →