Palo Alto, CA
Member for 7 years, 11 months
I hold an Amateur Extra license as K6WRU. I was originally licensed in 1970 as WN5CVQ when Novice licenses had a two-year non-renewable term. I did not get to 13 words/minute in CW, so I was out of the hobby until a few years ago.
I'm active in ARES/RACES emergency communication, summits on the air (SOTA), digital modes, and youth education for ham radio. I'm a Boy Scout leader and have taught Radio Merit Badge.
I have a BS in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in signals and systems from Rice University.
Top network posts
- 35 How do I report an emergency using ham radio?
- 20 Solr Fuzzy Search for similar words
- 18 Calculating Antenna Length on the FCC Exam vs. in Reality
- 13 What is Jamboree on the Air (JOTA)?
- 10 What is the purpose of a balun and a unun in a feed line?
- 9 Why do concurrent FM signals not mix together?
- 9 Using a balun with a resonant dipole
- View more network posts →