Amateur Radio SE is going to need a few moderators to help steer the site during the beta phase until the site graduates and an election can be held. We're looking for folks that have a little bit of time to give and are interested in stepping up into leadership roles within this community.
Good candidates should show a history of:
- Being patient and fair in their dealings with other users
- Being helpful to new users by showing them the ropes
- Expressing interest in the governance and janitorial aspects of this community by participating here on meta
As a pro tempore moderator (or, moderator 'for now') your primary responsibilities will be:
- Helping the community to organize promotional activities to help make others aware of the site - you'll have our ear for any guidance and help you might need
- Handling of flags raised by the community and sometimes settling disputes with diplomacy
- Using your moderator tools to help the community organize and clean up tags, merge duplicate questions to create canonical posts, and other janitorial tasks
The position will take a few hours of your time each week on average, but it's strictly volunteer - there's no time clocks to punch. We realize that folks have many obligations.
Please use answers to this post to nominate yourself, or anyone else that you feel would do a good job as a moderator! You don't need a lot of experience with Stack Exchange in general, but you will need enough domain knowledge to be able to judge the quality of posts and whether they fit into the topic scope of the site.
When nominating, link the name to the nominee's profile (both parent and meta). Links to other activities may be helpful: Area 51 participation, participation in other sites, blog posts reviewing or announcing the site, etc.
If the nomination was posted by a 3rd-party, the nominee should indicate their acceptance by editing the answer to add that they accept the nomination and optionally write something about themselves.
For more information about the Stack Exchange moderation philosophy and the initial moderator selection process, see here:
I hope to begin contacting interested parties by the end of this week - starting Friday, November 8, 2013. If this sounds like something you'd like to do, please get your hat in the ring!