I saw the question Will we come out of “beta” ? … ever? from November 2017, and I wondered how we're doing now, over two years later. So I looked up our site statistics on Area 51 here, and here's the status as of February 2020:
So what's changed in the last two years?
- 1 question per day > 1.9 questions per day
- 97% answered: still excellent
- 108 avid users > 257 avid users
- 7,041 total users > 11,498 total users
- 1.9 answer ratio > 2.0 answer ratio
- 1,772 visits/day > 2,342 visits/day
So, the site is slowly growing: more questions per day (although I would argue a lot of those questions are low-quality), 2.4 times as many "avid" (200+ reputation) users, 63% more total users (how many of those are still active?), and 32% more visits/day. That's all good I suppose, but this site still seems pretty stagnant to me, and I haven't heard anything about graduating from beta status, so we must still have work to do!