I'm thinking the tag radio-band is not especially useful. It's not clear what it means for a question to be tagged with it, and it's an attractive nuisance for newcomers who think “I'm asking a radio question, so I'll tag it with a 'radio' tag”.
There are five questions:
- How do I find out what bands are open? — covered by propagation.
- Amatuer Bands (400 Mhz to 4.4 Ghz) — This is a “I want to do radio things, how do I do it within the rules?” question. It could use more relevant tags, but legal might be a suitable addition.
- How do I radio? [closed] — Off topic, disregard.
- What bands and modes will give me voice at 3,000 miles? — Another propagation question, decently tagged anyway.
- What are amateur radio bands? [closed] — Marginally off-topic; could be tagged with jargon instead.
Does anyone object to my eliminating the tag?
Is there a natural category our tags don't otherwise have that is best served by radio-band or perhaps by a new tag with a better name?